Semester Project. Materials and Construction research.


During our first research about the site of the project which is Chistie Prudi metro station me and Yulia Kalchuk were very interested in the materials that used to be in the pavilion when it was built and also about the construction. For example, I always asked myself how the stone slabs are fixed to the foundation. 
In the process we went to the Lenin Library and found a very exiting book on the theme of our research. It was written in 1939. It is just 4 years later the metro station was opened. 
I wanted to share some pages from the book and give some comments.

First of all I wanted to say that there were several variants of the pavilion. Architect Kolli wanted to do a very light station in terms of design to juxtapose the depth (35 m) and the heaviness of the materials which were marble Ufaley, Kaluzchsky marble and pink granit




There are several types of fixing slab to the concrete foundation. This information is really exiting! And the book is more like a manual "How to build a metro station".

I hope the you will enjoy this small extracts as much as I did!

Anastasia Borodinova
IAD L5

No comments:

Post a Comment